SGI Group Canada (“SGI”) is a Montreal, Canada based, family owned private investment Company with holdings and investments in Real Estate and Venture Capital. The Group has been in operation since the early 1960’s and has investments and operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, and the Middle East, it focuses on midsize private equity and real estate ownership and operations.
SGI has a Proven Track Record, having Acquired a Diverse Portfolio, both in Geographical Location and in Product Type.
The Group has two main operating divisions:
- SGI REAL ESTATE CANADA
SGI Real Estate is an integrated real estate group with properties and operations in Canada the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. The Group owns and manages a well-balanced real estate portfolio The Group also recently founded Delma Group Inc. delma.ca, which it publicly listed in Canada in 2017
- SGI CAPITAL CANADA
The Group invests in first- and second-round financing in select industries and sectors. The Group has an in-house team that specializes in identifying investments, project management, asset management, company turnaround, creating investment funds, vehicles, and taking companies public
The SHAWWA EDUCATION FUND was established by the extended family of SGI’s owners and is based in Dubai. It focuses on supporting promising students in undergraduate and graduate studies. shawwa.org
Management Team: SGI has a qualified experienced multinational Management Team with decades of experience in Canada and Internationally in Real Estate, Development, Operating companies, Venture Capital, and Private Equity. The SGI Team has demonstrated a history of creating significant value for its shareholders and partners by investing in, developing, or acquiring under-valued assets and operating businesses, and repositioning these assets.
Advisory Board: SGI Group Canada has an impressive Advisory Board that is a vital instrument to its Board of Directors and its Management. The Board includes former ministers, ambassadors, politicians, bankers, academics, and media personalities; it is split between Canadian based members and international based members.
SGI Portfolio Diversity
- Active investor and operator in the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East since the 1960s.
- Led by the second generation of family owners
- Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, since 1990.
- Has acquired, operated, and managed income-producing properties and operating companies in Canada, the United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Proactively finding innovative solutions and success in real estate and venture capital markets.
- Success from sound investment strategies from a dedicated and professional team.
SGI is more than just an investment vehicle; it is the result of solid teamwork:
- First-class, experienced team.
- Impressive Advisory Board with multinational and multisector expertise.
- Portfolio of quality assets, international presence and operations.
- Multiyear corporate strategy and excellent long-term knowledge of real estate markets.
SGI, more than just an investment vehicle
- SGI is the result of solid Team work.
- A first-class experienced Team.
- Board of institutional grade quality Directors.
- An impressive Advisory Board with multinational multi sector expertise.
- An agile vibrant organization.
- A portfolio of quality assets, a multinational presence and operations.
- A multi year corporate strategy, excellent long knowledge of the real estate markets.
- has a large backlog of deals to be concluded, and is performing on its business plan.